Kale, Red Bean & Chipotle Chicken Sausage Hash
- 1 bunch kale (chard or other leafy greens also work), shredded
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 package Thin 'n Trim Chipotle & Peach Salsa Chicken Sausage, diced
- 1 15-oz can red beans, rinsed & drained (kidney beans work well)
- 5 small Yukon Gold potatoes (skin-on), cubed
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 4 whole eggs
- Tabasco brand Habanero hot sauce
- extra virgin olive oil
- cracked pepper
- sea salt
Preheat a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat with approx 3 tbsp of olive oil. Add potatoes. Season with salt & pepper. Stir frequently and cook for 10-12 min or until tender and lightly browned.
While potatoes are cooking, remove stems from kale and cut out center ribs, then stack leaves and shred. Set aside. Transfer potatoes to a covered bowl. Add a tbsp of oil to pan on medium-high heat. Saute kale for 2-3 min. Splash with vinegar. Add garlic and Thin ‘n Trim’s low sodium chipotle chicken sausage to pan. Saute another 3-4 min. Once everything has browned, add red beans and potatoes. Add lemon juice. Stir and saute. Remove hash from heat and keep covered.
Fill a small saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Lower the eggs one by one. Boil for 7 min. Remove pan from heat, and cool eggs down with cold water. Peel and wash immediately.
Portion hash into 4 bowls. Place an egg on top of each mound of hash and slice them in half. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt & pepper. For more heat, add a few drops of habanero hot sauce!Tags